Han Dynasty Stone Relief collected in the Institute of History and Philology (Academia Sinica)
The source of our materials is the over 1,500 pieces of ink rubbings of stones and scripts of the Han Dynasty collected in Fu Ssu-nien Library, institute of History and philology, Academia Sinica. They include copies from the stones and bricks of Han Dynasty excavated in Shandong, Henan, Sichuan and Jiangsu provinces, which record the relics of graves, coffin, shrines and stone towers built with Han stone bricks. Most of them are pictures of ink rubbings, and collected by Fu Ssu-nien, Xu Zhong-shu, Dong Zuo-bin and Lao Gan through donations, exchanges, purchases or field investigations since 1928, when the institute of History and philology was set up, to 1937, when the Sino-Japanese War started. Among these collections of ink rubbings, there are many rare items, which are much earlier and intact than those currently published by press at home and abroad. Especially after the 1950s when mainland China suffered the Culture Revolution, lots of the stones and scripts from the Han Dynasty were destroyed. These early ink rubbings can provide detailed information on the original stones. They are such priceless treasures of great reference values.
Dates Collection Accumulated
Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica
Is Located At
Fu Ssu Nien Library of Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica
Is Accessed Via
Bronze Rubbings collected in the Institute of History and Philology（Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica）；Han Wooden Slips collected in the Institute of History and Philology（Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica）